Fashion Magazine’s challenge for the Beauty Panel this week was to show how to apply false lashes. I almost didn’t partake in this challenge, because it’s one of the beautiful things I suck at most. My attempt didn’t turn out as bad as I thought it would, I was actually impressed!
I am also planning to write about a semi-permanent solution for eye makeup that is eyelash extensions as you can see on vibrantsalonandspa.com website. Because if you want a long lasting solution without damaging your natural lashes and you don’t need to wear the mascara then that will be only the lash extensions.
In this post, you’ll find a video tutorial on how to apply false lashes along with several tips. Hopefully, this can help some of you who are just starting out with falsies.
How to Apply False Lashes
- essence liquid liner in waterproof – terrible applicator!
- Duo waterproof eyelash adhesive dark tone
- Quo Full Lashes 804
- Lancôme tweezer – any kind will do
- Revlon eyelash curler
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes
- The first tip I would give to someone just starting out with a set of full lashes is to practice. I’ve found $1 lashes at the Dollar store, which are great for practice because you don’t have to worry about wasting much money.
- If you are inexperienced, make sure you have extra time to apply falsies. You don’t want to rush and mess up your eye makeup in the process.
- I didn’t mention that before attempting to use false lashes, make sure they fit your upper lash line. If they don’t, then trim a couple of lashes from the longer side. Mine was fine, so I skipped this step.
- The longer side of the lash line should always be glued on the outer edge of your eye, that is where natural lashes are typically longest.
- If you want to reuse the lashes – do not drench them in mascara. A little bit of mascara goes a long way to help baby lashes stand out and helps blend the reals lashes into the fake ones. I also find it easier to use mascaras with a small wand for this purpose.