Who else watched the 2014 Grammys and thought, “Wow, I want to achieve that look?” I’m sometimes torn between so-and-so’s makeup and someone else’s hair.
Canadian Bloggers from the Beauty United Program got together for a viewing party (which included a twitter party – #musicglam). We picked our favorite makeup and hair looks of the night and they were recreated by COVERGIRL and Pantene experts.
Read on to learn how to achieve the Rockin Romance look!
Rockin Romance – hair
Inspired by Paris Hilton’s Victorian look, a twisted updo, Justin German, Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist, showed us what products and techniques were needed to recreate her look.
Prepare the hair!
- On freshly washed hair, blow-dry with a round brush and pin in clips, like you would rollers – this will create the texture and volume needed to achieve this look.
- Set hair with an anti-humidity maximum hold hairspray to the volume you’ve just created.
- After a few minutes, remove clips and shake out curls.
- Spray in Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KERAGLOSS Oil Mist to relax the look and build texture.
- Part the hair in two sections. Start by collecting hair from temple to temple and pile it in a knot on top of your head.
- Gather the remaining hair into a ponytail just below the crown. Keep the look undone, back brush the ponytail, while misting with hairspray.
- Then, for a modern take on the french twist – twist the ponytail downward and pin into the head. Finish by tucking in the ends with a few bobby pins at the nape of the neck.
- Undo the top section of hair and back brush with a few spritzes of the Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity spray. Then lift hair at the front, creating tons of volume, roll and pin into the top of the hair roll that was created with the bottom section of the hair – connecting the top and bottom into one.
- For the final touch, using your fingertips, pull out a few pieces of hair from the front, lifting and spraying for even more volume and texture.
- Finish with a few sprays of KERAGLOSS for extra shine.
Rockin Romance – makeup
Amélie Ducharme, COVERGIRL Makeup Pro, created a Grammy 2014 Rita Ora inspired purple smokey eye. This look was a lot more gunmetal; rocker chic. It’s a very blended and smoldering look, but worth every step to achieve.
(Do this last if you prefer to avoid cleaning up fall out)
- Create your base with COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush. Even out any dark circles by applying COVERGIRL + Olay Eye Rehab CC Cream with a concealer brush. Apply in a triangular shape under the eye – from corner to corner and down toward the nose.
- Lightly apply COVERGIRL Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder under the eye to set concealer. Also apply on forehead, nose, and chin for a natural yet matte skin finish.
- To contour the face, use COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices. Starting with the darkest shade of the palette, apply just under the cheekbone at the temple. As you move toward the apple of the cheek blend the middle and lightest shade.
- With your finger, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow in Ohh La Lilac all over the mobile lid up to the crease and along the bottom lashline with a flat shadow brush.
- Using a shadow brush, apply COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black to the outside corner of the lid and then from the inside corner, blending toward the center of the eye, connecting both sides in the crease.
- For more dimension, apply the plum shadow from the COVERGIRL EyeEnhancer 4-Kit Shadow in Prom Queen to the middle of the lid, just below the crease and under the eye.
- Rim the bottom of the eye, tighter to the lashline, with the Shadow Pot in Molten Black, blending slightly wider toward the outer corner of the eye.
- Line the entire waterline with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast Eye Liner in Black Fire.
- Using a shadow brush, connect the shadow from the top and bottom lids just beyond the outside corner, lifting up and out toward the temple, elongating the eye.
- Using COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion, trace along the upper lashline starting from the inner corner and creating a thicker line as you move to the outer corner extending just beyond the lash in an upward movement.
- Coat lashes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara in Very Black. Start with multiple coats of Step 1 for extreme volume, then apply Step 2 for a pitch-black glossy finish.
- Finish the eye look by applying the silver shade from the Prom Queen palette under the brow.
- For this smoldering look, you want to create a thick, strong brow. Fill in brows with COVERGIRL Brow & EyeMakers Pencil one shade darker than your natural color.
- On moisturized lips – fill in your pout with pastel pink, COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Yummy.
- For a more matte finish, apply a light dusting of Clean Pressed Powder.